Current locationYou are here: help staying at home > what help is available? > commonwealth respite and carelink centres
Help staying at home
Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres
Do you need easy access to reliable information and guidance about health and aged care services and aged care homes in your local area? The Commonwealth Carelink Program supports a national network of Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres that maintains an extensive database of services. Centres can provide you with free and confidential information on:
- respite care
- household help
- personal care
- home nursing
- meal services
- home modifications (more information)
- carer support
- short-term care
- day care centres (more information)
- day therapy centres (more information)
- special services for people with dementia
- services for people with incontinence (more information), and
- a range of allied health services (more information).
Commonwealth Respite and Carelink CentresCommonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres, located across Australia, provide a link to a wide range of community, aged care and support services that are availble locally and nationally. Centres provide information about services for older people, people with a disability, and those who provide care and services. Centres can also help carers with options to take a break through short-term and emergency respite (based on assessed need) and provide advice on and coordinate access to respite services in a carer's local area.
For information ring 1800 200 422. For emergency respite support outside standard business hours, ring 1800 059 059.
Common questions on this topic:
- I am needing more help at home. I am even thinking that I might need to move to an aged care home. Who will arrange this for me?
- Who can provide services for me in my home?